Monday, March 12, 2012

Inspired by Nature

Nature is an endless source of inspiration: I've made branches, leaves, flowers, tree of life pendants and even DNA-themed earrings and necklaces.

For the latter, my favorite design, I got the original idea from a pair of earrings my friend, Aniko Sandor made a number of years back,   I took from her the idea of twisting a long rectangular frame into a double-helix, but I used different techniques to fill out the frame, with visually very distinctive  results.

"Double Helix" Earrings:




"Double Helix" Necklaces:




Branches. My fingers hurt so badly after days of weaving this set, I don't think I'll ever venture to make anything similar to it. And I like the result so much, I might never be able to part with it.
 




Woven Leaves:




And flowers:



No comments:

Post a Comment