Thursday, May 24, 2012

Peridot "Snakes"

I ordered some AA 3 mm Peridot rondelles a while ago from Beadsonsale.com, but they've sent me some (probably) A+ grade 4 mm faceted rounds instead. It wasn't worth the trouble of sending them back, so I've put them away - they've been lying around in my drawer for months now, never knew what to do with them. 4mm is the worst possible size in beads for me, I'm always having trouble finding a use for them. I tend to use either smaller or larger beads in my designs. Then I remembered the "Christmas Tree" earrings I made last December....



...and going through my sketches I found a variation I planned of doing, but completely forgot about. And the 4 mm Peridots seemed just the perfect size for it. The earrings turned out a little on the large side (and there seems to be a larger demand for earrings than earring and pendant sets, anyway), so I've decided not to make a pendant/necklace to match...




...instead I made a bracelet. It is light, delicate, with an understated elegance, and it looks great on the wrist.


Click on the images for larger pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment