Monday, April 2, 2012

Double Helix Bracelet

Finally, I got around to making a Double Helix bracelet...

These larger, DNA-inspired pieces are so very time-consuming to make, I just kept putting off  starting a new project, after I made two necklaces last month. But the idea never stopped bugging me... and this last weekend a backache prevented me from doing anything useful around the house, so I finally cuddled up comfortably in the armchair and started weaving, and for two days I just kept on weaving (with breaks, of course), until yesterday late in the afternoon the bracelet was at last finished.

Originally, this was going to be a matching bracelet for the copper/peridot DNA-earrings (featured in a previous post)... but the peridot beads I had on hand turned out to be either too small, or much too large for this project (Note to self: the 2 mm round peridots on Firemountain are waaay too small for anything). I had to choose between garnets and some juicy red corals, and naturally I went with the corals -  I love how they look with tarnished copper (now, I used them all up, so I'll have to buy some more if I want to make earrings too).

Here's the result:


No comments:

Post a Comment