Monday, April 2, 2012

Garnet Chandeliers

A few months back, I made a pair of delicate Victorian-style garnet earrings that I liked very much. But my sister liked them too, maybe even more than I did, so we "struck a bargain" at Christmas: I kept the carnelian DNA-earrings I originally made for her (they were just a little bit too large on her), and she got to keep the Victoria earrings instead.

But then, after I got back from Transylvania in January, I would often find myself rummaging through the jewelry drawer for something red with silver... I had made many coral pieces with copper over the past two years, but garnet was what I was really looking for.

So I've finally decided to make a similar pair of earrings for myself...

Now I find myself looking for an occasion just to wear them, or an outfit to pair them with...

My sister's earrings, smaller and more delicate:




And mine, a bit larger and bulkier, but still quite elegant:



No comments:

Post a Comment