Monday, April 2, 2012

Caramel Swirls


Some weeks ago, while walking on Mandell Street to the Rice Gym for a swim, I got an idea for an asymmetrical spiral pendant... and I'm struggling with the execution ever since.

I haven't been able to come up with a solution to this problem: I can't seem to make the little spirals "off-kilter" enough, they always end up near the center, making the asymmetry look accidental, when I'm aiming for a more deliberate asymmetrical look.

Fortunately though, while trying to figure out this problem, I "happened upon"  two really nice designs (named both of them "Caramel Swirl").
 
The first is a basic, almost classic Nautilus, while the second design evolved almost naturally from the first: two double nautiluses linked together to form the centerpiece of a choker necklace. This is my new absolute favorite piece! I liked it so much I even used it for my blog's banner. And I think it's going to be my online shop's banner, too, whenever I 'll have one.





No comments:

Post a Comment